Serving Victoria's CRD
Search for homes in and around Greater Victoria
Final Phase Boardwalk on Grant. This Townhouse Development of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units in this European style setup / Village like, has prices that start at $249,900 ( only 1 - 1 bed unit) 2 bed units start $269,900, 3 bedrooms start $399,000 all units back onto green space, appliance packages. GST not included in price. Only 12 units in this last phase, completion, possession and registration hopefully end o...Listed by MAXXAM REALTY LTD.
Under assessed value! In a quiet cul de sac, backing onto a park and a short walk to Thetis cove, this detached home features an open floor plan with a skylight and cozy woodstove insert. A large back deck for entertaining and is walking distance to shops, buses and schools. Strata amended bylaws in 2014 to function as a Bare Land strata. Strata fee covers common insurance, water and sewer.
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from me when I act as your REALTOR® for a home purchase:
- I will fully explain the details of our working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when I and selling REALTORS® are working for you or for the seller.
- As a REALTOR®, I have access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co-operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- I can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- Along with your mortgage provider, I will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORS® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- As your REALTOR®, I have no emotional ties to any type or style of home, and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- I can obtain information for you regarding zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- I will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve-wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- When acting as your REALTOR®, I will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience. Here are some ways I can help:Greater exposure
As your REALTOR®, I will use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. I have the experience to help you understand how the market works, and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. I can also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
I will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, I will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. I will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you hire me to sell your home, you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. We have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
I have been serving clients with real estate needs since March 2018 and will continue to do so as long as possible. I see this career as such a necessity in our society as these transactions can represent someone’s long term security and happiness. I purchased my first condo as a single parent and was referred to an agent who was able to get me into something better than I thought possible and he was exceptionally good at his job. I felt protected, respected, and now that I am licensed myself, I know he did everything by the book. He is still active in Victoria and I look forward to working a deal together someday.
My background is customer service which evolved into Sales when I became Sales Coordinator at the Fairmont Empress. It was there that I was first able to marry my service skills to the sales arena and I realized my potential. As much as I loved the hotel’s charm and history, I said farewell after 7 years and many amazing experiences.
FUN FACT: Anyone who knows me knows how much tea I drink and one of my favourite roles at the hotel was Tea Porter (person who actually makes the tea for the servers), my absolute favourite role was hosting clients for Afternoon Tea when I was working in Sales. Afternoon Tea at the Empress and being paid to do it. Dream job or what?
I truly enjoy making a difference in people’s lives and providing something of real lasting value, once I realized that I couldn’t achieve that in the hospitality industry I knew it was time to make the plunge into real estate. I could not be happier. I work longer hours, rarely take a day off, deal with serious challenges and have such a sense of purpose now. It’s true what they say about finding the work you love and I hope I can put my talent to use in helping you or someone you know with real estate needs.